Alpha Base Coat
Alpha Base Coat is a 100% acrylic adhesive and base coat that is field-mixed with Type I or Type II Portland cement. It has a very creamy texture that spreads easily.
|Smooth, creamy consistency||Trowels on easily, speeds mesh embedment, reduces applicator arm fatigue, increases job-site productivity|
|Familiar 1:1 mixing ratio||Easy to mix—less chance of error|
|100% acrylic||Provides long-term durability|
|Water based||Safe, non-toxic, clean up easily with soap and water|
Alpha Base Coat is designed for use as the adhesive and/or base coat in several wall systems from Senergy. Alpha Base Coat is used with the Senerflex Wall System to adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board to the following acceptable substrates:Senershield
Alpha Base Coat is used with Senerflex EIFS, Senturion I, II, and III residential EIFS, Senergy Cement-Board Stucco Systems and all Senergy Textured Acrylic Surfacing Systems to embed Corner Mesh and Senergy Reinforcing Mesh. Alpha Base Coat will also adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board (EPS) to expanded polystyrene insulation board enabling the build out of architectural shapes and details.
- Unpainted and unglazed concrete or unit masonry
- PermaBase® brand cement board (or other ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior approved cement boards)
- Poured concrete/unit masonry
- Fiberock® Aqua-Tough™ sheathing
- eXP® by National Gypsum, GlasRoc® by Certainteed and DensGlass® exterior sheathing (ASTM C1177)
- Gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/C1396)
- New and untreated Exposure 1 or exterior plywood sheathing (Grade C-D or better)
- Exposure 1 OSB
- Note: Wood-based sheathing substrates require priming with Senerprim.
27.2 kg per 19-liter pail
(60 lbs per 5-gallon pail)
Approximate coverage rates are as follows:
- Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate: 14.8 m² (160 ft²) per pail via notched trowel method. 16.7 m² (180 ft²) per pail via ribbon and dab method.
- Embed FLEXGUARD 4: 26 m² (280 ft²) per pail. Embed INTERMEDIATE 12: 18.5 m² (200 ft²) per pail. Embed HI-IMPACT 20 & FLEXGUARD 4: 14.8 m² (160 ft²) per pail.