Alpha Dry Base Coat
Alpha Dry Base Coat is a dry-mix polymer adhesive and base coat containing Portland cement, and requiring only water for mixing.
Dry, bagged product
Does not require heated shipping or storage; just add water to mix
Mix only what you need
Use for small repairs; reduces dumpster and landfill costs of pail disposal
Lower cement-to-polymer ratio
Reduces the chance for efflorescence
Smooth, creamy consistency
Trowels easily, speeds mesh embedment, reduces applicator arm fatigue, increases job-site productivity
Safe, non-toxic; clean up easily with soap and water
Alpha Dry Base Coat is designed for use as the adhesive and/or base coat in several wall systems from Senergy.
Alpha Dry Base Coat is used with the Senerflex Wall System to adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board to the following acceptable substrates:
Alpha Dry Base Coat used with Senerflex EIFS, Senturion I, II, and III residential EIFS, Senergy Cement-Board Stucco System and all Senergy Surfacing Systems to embed Corner Mesh and Reinforcing Mesh.
- Unpainted and unglazed concrete or unit masonry
- PermaBase® brand cement board (or other ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior approved cement boards)
- Poured concrete/unit masonry
- Fiberock® Aqua-Tough™ sheathing
- ASTM C1177 sheathings (eXP® by National Gypsum, GlasRoc® by Certainteed and DensGlass® exterior sheathing)
- Gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/C1396)
- New and untreated Exposure 1 or exterior plywood sheathing (Grade C-D or better)
- Exposure 1 OSB
Note: Wood-based sheathing substrates require priming with Senerprime.
Alpha Dry Base Coat will also adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board (EPS) to expanded polystyrene insulation board enabling the build out of architectural shapes and details.
22.6 kg per bag (50 lbs per bag)
Approximate coverage rates are as follows:
- Embed FLEXGUARD 4: 11.1 m² (120 ft²) per bag.
- Embed INTERMEDIATE 12: 7.8 m² (85 ft²) per bag
- Embed HI-IMPACT 20 & FLEXGUARD 4: 6.5 m² (70 ft²) per bag
- Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate: 6.5 m² (70 ft²) per bag via notched trowel method
- Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate and embed FLEXGUARD 4: 4.6 m² (50 ft²) per bag