Alpha Genie Base Coat
Alpha Genie Base Coat is a 100% acrylic, fiber-reinforced base coat, adhesive and leveler that is field-mixed with Type I or Type II Portland cement.
High build, fiber-reinforced
Achieves excellent resistance to drying shrinkage cracks; improves coverage when
Smooth, creamy consistency
Trowels easily, speeds mesh embedment, reduces applicator arm fatigue, increases
Can be used as a leveling coat up 1/8" thick per pass, 1/4" total
Minimizes multiple applications when leveling shallow spots or filling voids; spots
Versatile, multipurpose product
Use as an adhesive, base coat and leveling coat
Safe, non-toxic; clean up easily with soap and water
- Alpha Genie Base Coat's properties enable it to be used as a leveler over masonry, stucco and other cementitious substrates. Alpha Genie Base Coat can be applied at a maximum thickness of 6 mm (1/4").
- Alpha Genie Base Coat is designed for use as the leveler, adhesive and/or base coat in several wall systems from Senergy:
- Unpainted and unglazed concrete or unit masonry
- PermaBase® brand cement board (or other ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior approved cement boards)
- Poured concrete/unit masonry
- Fiberock® Aqua-Tough™ sheathing
- ASTM C1177 sheathings (eXP® by National Gypsum, GlasRoc® by Certainteed and DensGlass® exterior sheathing)
- Gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/C1396)
- New and untreated Exposure 1 or exterior plywood sheathing (Grade C-D or better)
- Exposure 1 OSB
- Note: Wood-based sheathing substrates require priming with SenerPrime.
- Alpha Genie Base Coat is used with Senerflex EIFS, Senturion I, II, and III residential EIFS, Senergy Cement-Board Stucco System and all Senergy Surfacing Systems to embed corner mesh and Senergy Reninforcing Mesh.
- Alpha Genie Base Coat will also adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board (EPS) to expanded polystyrene insulation board, enabling the build out of architectural shapes and details.
27.2 kg per 19-liter pail
(60 lbs per 5-gallon pail)
(Approximate coverage rates are shown.)
Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate:
14.8 m² (160 ft²) per pail via notched trowel method
16.7 m² (180 ft²) per pail via ribbon & dab method
Embed FLEXGUARD 4:
29.7 m² (320 ft²) per pail
Embed INTERMEDIATE 12:
21.3 m² (230 ft²) per pail
Embed Hi-Impact 20 and Flexguard 4:
16.7 m²(180 ft²) per pail
Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate and embedFlexguard 4:
11.1 m² (120 ft²) per pail