Cold Weather Alpha Dry Base Coat
Dry-mix polymer adhesive and base coat for use with Senergy Wall Systems during colder weather (35–50
|Temperature specific||Use when ambient temperature is between 35–50 °F|
|Fast set adhesive and base coat||EPS and base coat same day application|
|Dry, bagged product||Does not require heated shipping or storage, just add water to mix|
|Mix only what you need||Use for small repairs, reduces dumpster and landfill costs of pail disposal|
|Lower cement-to-polymer ratio||Reduces the chance for efflorescence|
|Smooth, creamy consistency||Trowels easily, speeds mesh embedment, reduces applicator arm fatigue, increases job-site productivity|
|Water based||Safe, non-toxic, clean up easily with soap and water|
- For use with the Senergy Wall System in cold weather (35–50 oF) to adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board to the following acceptable substrates: ASTM C1177 type sheathings, including DensGlass™ exterior sheathing, eXP™ sheathing, GlasRoc® sheathing, Securock™ glass-mat sheathing, Weather Defense™ Platinum sheathing, GreenGlass® sheathing, PermaBase™ cement-board by National Gypsum and other cement-boards (ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior), Untreated Exposure I or exterior plywood sheathing (grade C-D or better), Untreated Exposure I OSB, gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/ASTM C1396), poured concrete/unit masonry. Note: Wood-based sheathing substrates require priming with a Senergy Primer.
- To adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board to expanded polystyrene insulation board.
- For use with all Senergy Wall Systems to embed Corner Mesh and Senergy Reinforcing Mesh.
22.6 kg per bag (50 lbs per bag)
Approximate coverage rates are as follows:
- Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate: 6.5 m² (70 ft²) per bag via notched trowel method
- Embed Standard Reinforcing Mesh: 11.1 m² (120 ft²) per bag, Embed Intermediate 12 Reinforcing Mesh: 7.8 m² (85 ft²) per bag, Embed Hi-Impact 20 and Standard Reinforcing Mesh: 6.5 m² (70 ft²) per bag
- Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate and embed Standard Reinforcing Mesh: 4.6 m² (50 ft²) per bag