Xtra-Stop Base Coat
Xtra-Stop Base Coat is a 100% acrylic adhesive and base coat that is field-mixed with Type I or Type II Portland cement. It is noted for its water resistant properties.
Highly water resistant
Use to waterproof sloped parapets and window sills
Familiar 1:1 mixing ration
Easy to mix with less chance of error
Smooth, creamy consistency
Trowels easily, speeds mesh embedment, reduces applicator arm fatigue, increases job-site productivity
Safe, non-toxic; clean up easily with soap and water
- Xtra-Stop Base Coat is designed for use as the adhesive and/or base coat in several wall systems from Senergy.
- Xtra-Stop Base Coat is used with the Senerflex Wall System to adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board to the following acceptable substrates:
- Unpainted and unglazed concrete or unit masonry
- PermaBase® brand cement board (or other ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior approved cement boards)
- Poured concrete/unit masonry
- Fiberock® Aqua-Tough™ sheathing
- ASTM C1177 sheathings (eXP® by National Gypsum, GlasRoc® by Certainteed and DensGlass® exterior sheathing)
- Gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/C1396)
- New and untreated Exposure 1 or exterior plywood sheathing (Grade C-D or better)
- Exposure 1 OSB
Note: Wood-based sheathing substrates require priming with Senerprim.
- Xtra-Stop Base Coat used with Senerflex EIFS, Senturion I, II, and III residential EIFS, Senergy Cement-Board Stucco System and all Senergy Surfacing Systems to embed corner mesh and Senergy Reinforcing Mesh.
- Xtra-Stop Base Coat will also adhere expanded polystyrene insulation board (EPS) to expanded polystyrene insulation board, enabling the build out of architectural shapes and details.
27.2 kg per 19-liter pail (60 lbs per 5-gallon pail)
Approximate coverage rates are shown.
Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate:
Embed Flexguard 4: 26 m² (280 ft²) per pail
- 14.8 m² (160 ft²) per pail via notched trowel method
- 16.7 m² (180 ft²) per pail via ribbon & dab method
Embed Intermediate 12: 18.5 m² (200 ft²) per pail
Embed Hi-Impact 20 and Flexguard 4: 14.8 m²(160 ft²) per pail
Adhere EPS insulation board to substrate and embed Flexguard 4: 11.1 m² (120 ft²) per pail