Senershield-VB is a one-component fluid-applied vapor impermeable air/water-resistive barrier. Waterproof and resilient, it may be spray-, roller-, trowel-, or brush-applied directly to approved wall substrates.
It provides excellent secondary moisture protection behind most wall claddings including EIFS, stucco (slip sheet required), brick, siding and metal panels.
Meets ICC-ES AC212 water-resistive barrier tests
One fully qualified air/water-resistive barrier material for the entire building
Meets requirements of ICC-ES AC 148
Can be used as a flexible flashing in rough openings or through-wall penetrations
Meets ASTM D 1970 Nail Sealability Requirements
Approved for Senergy Wall Systems
Full system warranty with Senergy EIFS and stucco wall claddings
Liquid-applied, continuously-bonded membrane; eliminates seams, lap joints and staples
Transfers wind loads directly to the substrate
One component, water-based, very low VOC content
Safe for workers and the environment, low odor, easy application
Nonflammable as applied
Promotes workplace safety
Compatible with lightweight, low-cost spray equipment
Fast, easy economical application
No primer required
Single pass application on most substrates
Senershield-VB is used as a vapor impermeable air/water-resistive barrier over the following exterior wall substrates:
- ASTM C1177 type sheathings, including DensGlass™ exterior sheathing, e²XP™ sheathing, GlasRoc® sheathing, Securock™ glass-mat sheathing, Weather Defense™ Platinum sheathing, GreenGlass® sheathing
- PermaBase™ brand cement board by National Gypsum (or other ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior approved cement boards)
- Untreated Exposure I or exterior plywood sheathing (grade C-D or better)
- Untreated Exposure I OSB
- Gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/ASTM C1396)
- Poured concrete/unit masonry
Senershield-VB should not be used for below grade applications or on surfaces subject to water immersion.
Senershield-VB complies with the air barrier impermeability requirements of the Massachusetts Energy Code.