StuccoBase is a factory-blended mixture of Portland cement, reinforcing fibers, and other proprietary ingredients. StuccoBase conforms to ASTM C926, the standard specification for application of Portland cement-based stucco. It is listed in Intertek CCRR 0230 and CCRR 0249 for use with PermaLath 1000.
Superior weathering properties
Improved moisture resistance and low water absorption
Resists shrinkage cracking when properly cured
Needs only addition of water and sand
Easy to mix and use with consistent results
Concentrated for use with local sand
Economical stucco application
StuccoBase is designed for use with the Senergy Stucco Wall System. Acceptable substrates include:
- Concrete or unit masonry
- Dens-Glass™ exterior sheathing (ASTM C1177)
- Fiberock Aqua-Tough™ Sheathing
- Water-resistant core gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/ASTM C1396)
- Cement-board (ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior) at a minimum 1/2 inch thickness
- Fiberboard ANSI/AHA A 194-85
- Plywood complying with US DOC PS 1-95
- Expanded polystyrene insulation board complying with ASTM C578 Type IV with nominal density 1.5 lbs/ft³ extruded polystyrene
- Oriented strand board (OSB), complying with US DOC PS 2-95
36.3 kg (80 lbs) per bag.
StuccoBase is a concentrate which requires the addition of 90.7–108.9 kg (200–240 lbs) of plaster sand conforming to ASTM C144 or ASTM C897 and 18.9–22.7 liters (5–6 gallons) of potable water.
Coverage varies depending upon surface conditions and application technique.
Typically 7.43–8.36 m² (80–90 ft²) per 80 lb bag at a thickness of 3/8" to 1/2".